Call for Papers
26th Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design (DSD) will be held in Durres, Albania, Sept. 6th – Sept. 8th, 2023.
The Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design (DSD) addresses all aspects of (embedded, pervasive and high-performance) digital and mixed HW/SW system engineering, covering the whole design trajectory from specification down to micro-architectures, digital circuits and VLSI implementations. It is a forum for researchers and engineers from academia and industry working on advanced investigations, developments and applications.
It focuses on today’s and future challenges of advanced embedded, high-performance and cyber-physical applications; system and processor architectures for embedded and high-performance HW/SW systems; design methodology and design automation for all design levels of embedded, high-performance and cyber-physical systems; modern implementation technologies from full custom in nanometer technology nodes, through FPGAs, to MPSoC infrastructures.
Authors are kindly invited to submit their work according (but not limited) to the main topics of the conference main track. In addition, several Special Sessions (with their own coordinators and subprogram committees) do also welcome contributions in specific themes of particular interest. All papers are reviewed following guidelines, quality requirements and thresholds that are common to all committees.
- Design and synthesis of systems, hardware and embedded software
- IoT, cyber-physical and embedded systems
- Autonomous/adaptable/re-configurable systems and architectures
- Reliable, Secure, Safe and Optimized systems and their design methods
- High-performance energy-efficient embedded systems and processor architectures
- Highly-parallel multi- and many-core (heterogeneous) systems and architectures
- Application analysis and parallelization for high-performance energy-efficient multi- and many-core embedded systems
- Systems-on-a-chip, networks-on-a-chip and systems-in-a-package
- Advanced applications of embedded and cyber-physical systems
- Specification, modeling, analysis, validation and test for systems, hardware and embedded software
- Formal Methods in System Design
- Design automation at system, processor, register-transfer, logic and physical levels
- New issues introduced by emerging applications and technologies
Best Paper Award
Based on the reviews and PC discussion, each track will nominate one paper for the Best Paper Award. The main track will nominate three papers. The Award Committee will select from them one paper for the Best Paper Award and three papers for the Outstanding Paper Award.
Authors are encouraged to submit their manuscripts via Easychair web service at following web page.
Should an unexpected web access problem be encountered, please contact the Program Chairs by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Each manuscript should include the complete paper text, all illustrations, and references. The manuscript should conform to the IEEE format: single-spaced, double column, US letter page size, 10-point size Times Roman font, up to 8 pages. In order to conduct a blind review, no indication of the authors’ names should appear in the manuscript, references included.
Conference Publishing Services (CPS) will publish accepted papers in the conference proceedings and the proceedings will be submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital library and indexing services.
Extended versions of selected best papers will be published in a special issue of the ISI indexed Euromicro/Elsevier journal “Microprocessors and Microsystems: Embedded Hardware Design” (MICPRO) having the 2022 Impact Factor as high as 3.5 .
|EUR 500(early bird fee)||EUR 590 (early bird fee)||EUR 450 (early bird fee)|
|EUR 550 (regular fee)||EUR 650 (regular fee)||EUR 500 (regular fee)|
* One speaker can only cover two papers maximum by one registration.
- Student status must be proved by sending a scanned copy of the student ID by email to email@example.com at the same day.
- Students who are authors of a paper to be presented at the conference are only eligible to the student rate if at least one of their originally submitting co-authors registers at a full rate.
- Conference fees include Conference fees include admission to all technical sessions, welcome reception, social dinner, lunch and two coffee breaks per day; access to conference proceedings in internet.
- For students Conference fees include Conference fees include admission to all technical sessions, welcome reception, lunch and two coffee breaks per day; access to conference proceedings in internet.
For authors of the main conference: for each paper at least one of the originally submitting authors has to register at (non-)member rate.
Deadline for registration and payment for authors to ensure publication of an accepted paper of the main conference will be announced soon.
Costs for extra pages in the proceedings: 60.00 EUR per page (2 maximum).
DSD Special Sessions
- AAMTM: Applications, Architectures, Methods and Tools for Machine – and Deep Learning
T. Kryjak (AGH U Sci & Techn., PL), N. Martinel (U Udine, IT), Ercan Kalali (TU/e, NL),
- AHSA: Architectures and Hardware for Security Applications
P. Kitsos (University of Peloponnese, GR), M. Novotny (CTU Prague, CZ)
- ASHWPA: Advanced Systems in Healthcare, Wellness and Personal Assistance
F. Leporati (U Pavia, IT), R. Stojanovic (U Montenegro, ME)
- DCPS: Design of Cyber-Physical Systems
W. Chang (U York, UK)
- DDVC: Digital Design and Verification with Chisel
M. Schoeberl (DTU, DK)
- DTFT: Dependability, Testing and Fault Tolerance in Digital Systems
P. Fiser (CTU Prague, CZ), H. Kubátová (CTU Prague, CZ)
- EPDSD: European Projects in Digital System Design
F. Leporati (U Pavia, IT), L. Jozwiak (TU/e, NL)
- FTET: Future Trends in Emerging Technologies
R.Bishnoi, (TU Delft, NL), H. Amrouch (U Stuttgart GR)
- HIAAA: Hyperspectral Imaging Applications, Algorithms and Architectures
G. M. Callico (IUMA/ULPGC, ES), H. Fabelo (FIISC/IUMA/ULPGC, ES), S. Ortega (NOFIMA, NO)
- HSTIEC: Hardware, Software, and Tools for the IoT-to-Edge-to-Cloud Continuum
D. Casini (U. Sant’Anna – Pisa , IT) | A. Biondi (U. Sant’Anna – Pisa , IT)
- ITS: Intelligent Transportation Systems
R. Nouacer (CEA, FR) | F. Corradi (TU/e, NL)
- SPCPS: Safety, Security and Privacy of Cyber-Physical Systems
S. Dey (IIT Kharagpur, India), S. Park (TU Berlin, D), J. Sepúlveda (Airbus Defence and Space GmbH, D)
- WIP: Work in Progress
R. Stojanovic (University of Montenegro), B. Lutovac (University of Montenegro) and E. Grosspietsch (Euromicro)
The author’s session selection may be changed to create a thematically comprehensive DSD conference program.
Main Conference Venue
Main events’ activities will take place at Grand Blue Fafa Resort on the beautiful long beach of Golem, Durres, close to Tirana Airport.
Grand Blue Fafa Resort main venue.
Special offers for conference participants are available.
MAIN VENUE IS SOLD OUT, Please try booking one of the other recommended hotels, or accommodation nearby
DSD STEERING COMMITTEE
- Lech Jóźwiak (TU Eindhoven, NL) – Chairman
- Paris Kitsos (U of Peloponnese, GR)
- Hana Kubatova (CTU Prague, CZ)
- Francesco Leporati (U Pavia, IT)
- José Silva Matos (U Porto, PT)
- António Nuñez (IUMA/ULPGC, ES)
- Eugenio Villar (TEISA U Cantabria, ES)
- Radovan Stojanovic (U of Montenegro, ME)
- Smail Niar (LAMIH/UPHF, FR)
- Hamza Ouarnoughi (LAMIH/UPHF, FR)
SPECIAL SESSION CHAIR
- Ozcan Oztürk (Bilkent Univ, Ankara, TR)
- Amund Skavhaug (Norwegian UST, NO)
- João Canas Ferreira (U Porto, PT)
DSD PROGRAMM COMMITEE
- Mazen Saghir (American University of Beirut)
- João Canas Ferreira (University of Porto)
- Paris Kitsos (University of Peloponnese)
- Kenneth Kent (University of New Brunswick)
- Sergey Mosin (Kazan Federal University)
- Andrej Zemva (University of Ljubljana)
- Nadia Nedjah (State University of Rio de Janeiro)
- Roberto Cavicchioli (Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia)
- Emanuele Torti (University of Pavia)
- Raquel Leon (Institute for Applied Microelectronics (IUMA))
- Petr Fišer (Czech Technical University in Prague)
- Roberto Giorgi (University of Siena)
- Julio Sahuquillo (Universitat Politècnica de València)
- Leonel Sousa (Universidade de Lisboa)
- Alexey Lastovetsky (University College Dublin)
- William Fornaciari (Politecnico di Milano)
- Thilo Pionteck (Otto-von-Guericke Universität Magdeburg)
- Lu Peng (Tulane University)
- Eugenio Villar (U. of Cantabria (ES))
- Theofanis Orphanoudakis (Hellenic Open University)
- Nicolas Sklavos (University of Patras)
- Jose Matos (University of Porto)
- Antonio Miele (Politecnico di Milano)
- Alessandro Cilardo (University of Naples Federico II)
- Oliver Keszocze (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg)
- Hana Kubatova (FIT CTU in Prague)
- Arnaldo Oliveira (Universidade de Aveiro – DETI / Instituto de Telecomunicações)
- Giovanni Danese (University of Pavia, Italy – Dept. of Informatica and Sistemistica)
- Daniel Casini (Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna)
- Rolf Drechsler (Universität Bremen)
- Jan Schmidt (Czech Technical University in Prague)
- Lana Josipovic
- Arda Yurdakul
- Alex Orailoglu (University of California San Diego)
- Pedro P. Carballo (IUMA / ULPGC)
- Davide Quaglia (University of Verona)
- Jalil Boukhobza (ENSTA Bretagne)
- Tom Chen (Colorado State University)
- Alistair Mcewan (University of Derby)
- Chao Wang (University of Science and Technology of China)
- Miroslav Velev (Aries Design Automation)
- Halima Bouzidi (Université Polytechnique Hauts-de-France)
- Yang Qu (Broadcom)
- Miguel Figueroa (Universidad de Concepcion)
- Salvatore Vitabile (University of Palermo)
- Sepideh Safari (Sharif University of Technology)
- Hadjer Benmeziane (Batiment Jonas, LAMIH, Le Mont Houy, Université Polytechnique Hauts-de-France Valenciennes Cedex)
- Martin Novotny (CTU in Prague, FIT)
- Sajid Mohamed (ITEC B.V., Netherlands)
LOCAL ORGANIZING CHAIRS
- Betim Cico, Epoka University, Albania
- Lindita Mukli, University of Durres, Albania
- Eris Zego, University of Durres, Albania
● Deadline for paper submission: May 28th, 2023
● Notification of acceptance: June 26th, 2023
● Camera-ready papers: July 17th, 2023
Grand Blue Fafa Resort, Golem